Official 2024 Gardening Thread

My sister has only hostas because they are easy to maintain and she is a lazy fuck.

I just don't find them appealing since I like blooms and flowers and not just green leaves.
Some of mine flower and I have a ton that does besides them. Seems like every week it's something new. My Lily in The Valley is flowering now

Full sun and a high of 23C with very strong winds yesterday.

It rained a little overnight so the newly planted veggie plants were watered.

Nothing beats the sun this time of year with its high UV for plant growth.

The strong wind helps strengthen the stocks of this young veggie plants.

Monitoring the weather today to see if is rains otherwise I will need to give them a little water.

The strong winds did blow tulip petals off but that is expected.

My sister has only hostas because they are easy to maintain and she is a lazy fuck.

I just don't find them appealing since I like blooms and flowers and not just green leaves.
They are nice for places that you don’t have time to spend with, plus, if you can keep the slugs off of them, they always look nice 👍

Attachments

• IMG_3319.jpeg
    IMG_3319.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 2
I just spent another 90 minutes out there mostly weeding.

Wish I hadn’t.

Heating pad now on.

Cut and trimmed the grass this morning.

Big rain coming tomorrow.

I need rest.

I just spent another 90 minutes out there mostly weeding.

Wish I hadn’t.

Heating pad now on.

Cut and trimmed the grass this morning.

Big rain coming tomorrow.

I need rest.

Yup.

In bed now on muscle relaxants, heating pad and medical weed oil.
Pitiful.

You should be balls to the wall now that you have a new ankle. I got new knees man, if you want, after I’m done with my 6 acres of yard work, I’ll come over and help you.🤣🤣

It’s looking good though 👍

Pitiful.

You should be balls to the wall now that you have a new ankle. I got new knees man, if you want, after I’m done with my 6 acres of yard work, I’ll come over and help you.🤣🤣

It’s looking good though 👍

The ankle is NOT the problem.

The back is from bending over and pulling these KUNT weeds by their roots.

The wife and daughter lent a hand today and I was eventually able to put another hour on the property -- only 5 minutes of weeding.

Today was our hottest and sunniest day of the year so I am glad I got my broken ass out there to water early this morning.

Much growth today.

The tulips are almost gone and roses are taking over the stage.

Will post another round of photos on Friday.

Back